Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2012 10:00

XPS 15z Plasic chrome edging turning orange

Recently I have noticed the chrome edging is wearing off to look dull but now it has turned orange! Is anyone else having this issue? I assume it is from using the touch pad and resting my hand on the edge but it still should hold up to daily wear. I have only had this laptop for 6 months or so and am disappointed with the choice to put this cheap edge on the laptop.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 19th, 2012 15:00

I am sorry to read that you are having this problem. I may be able to help.  Shoot me a private message, just click on the link in my signature, and please include your name and the service tag of the notebook.  I will be happy if it is possible to set up a service to correct this.

TB

278 Posts

August 4th, 2012 09:00

Sadly, I've just noticed this as well. The silver finish has now become a orange/bronze type colour. The area on my 15z this has started happening is the front right, which is probably due to my right wrist rubbing on the trim a lot. Here's a image to describe it. The light on my camera actually worked in my favor and really shows where the discoloring is happening. The images also shows discoloured silver too, this isn't the camera light, the surface surrounding the bronzish area is also worn .The surface where the discolouring is happening is also quite rough and is starting to irritate my wrist. Is there anything that can be done?

278 Posts

August 6th, 2012 03:00

Can this be resolved through warranty? My XPS 15z is less than 8 months old and for it to wear like this so early on is pretty bad..

278 Posts

August 7th, 2012 13:00

Technical Support after reviewing the images above, kindly agreed to replace the whole palm rest with an home engineering visit from Dell.

No Events found!