Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15z construction problems....

Same problems here. Laptop less than a month old, screen surround coming loose, chrome trim dodgy in multiple places and as mentioned in other posts problems with the trackpad. Shame on you Dell, the build quality on this premium laptop is appalling and I now realise I am not alone with these issues.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Beginning to wonder if it isn't windows 7 messing up with the wandering cursor problem. I was very careful to not touch the track pad at all while typing and the cursor still flipped up into a previous sentence several times. I just got my 15z back from "the Depot" and I left a message to look into this problem. Still not fixed.

Highlighted
1 Copper

I have similar issues with the chrome trim.  Here is what mine is starting to look like:

http://imgur.com/a/Gogvp#0

The fracture actually had to be glued back down.  But now I'm thinking I might just rip it off so that I don't have to deal with it.

If you have any better ideas, answer here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120209145321AAdO2Ld

Thanks,
James Collier 

Highlighted
1 Copper

RE: XPS 15z construction problems....

Hello Terry B,

I am having the same construction defects in my dell xps 15z. The silver border started breaking apart even though the laptop has not gone through any rough handling. Also the sound suddenly disappeared. The sound device cannot be found. So skype, facechat, movies, music nothing is playing. Can you please help me where to buy a replacement silver border and also give me a solution for the sound device.

Thank you.

Nabila Aftab

P.S. You can contact me at <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

Highlighted
1 Copper

Seems mad that you buy a premium laptop and then have to pay out for a poorly designed trim. I have had to have mine changed twice now as its clearly a design fault
1 Copper

Yes I know what you mean. I am so mad. Also my sound card has also stopped working. there goes my chances of selling my laptop. 

Anyhow could you please suggest me a website where you bought the trim?

TC.