Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2011 18:00

XPS 17 FHD WLED issue - several horizontal lines

My dream always were get a notebook of 17". After a criterious research I decided buy on August/2011 the better configuration of XPS 17 plus Dell support  in Home 1 year..
 After a big expectation when the box arrived in my home, to my surprise the machine came  with several horizontal lines on FHD 1020 Led screen..so I told myself - No problem,  there is no a big deal,  Dell Hardware support will  solve this issue quick ...but, after remote assist, Dell hardware team diagnosed that the LCD would need to be replaced..and believe me friends, until now "27/11/11"' after about 10 times contacting Dell Technical Support, 7 Services Requests opened to the same issue, a lot pain, nobody solve my problem yet, anyone at least try got phone contact with me..I don't know what else can I do, I'm realy sad on this days..even my friends laugh of me, I hope nobody need pass by this experience some day

15 Posts

November 27th, 2011 20:00

My XPS L702X developed 2 horizontal lines that run from one side to the other a month or so after I got it. Dell support was great, made a call, did some test and the tech told me it was my LED screen. Two days later a guy was at my house, replaced my screen, took about 10-15 minutes and its been working great every since.

November 28th, 2011 16:00

Ooh, I'm glad for you buddy! I can't understand what's going on on my case, maybe you have some one else, phone or other mean that you can advise me.tkss

15 Posts

November 28th, 2011 17:00

Do you have another monitor or tv with a HDMI hook up that you can hook your lap top up to? If so you can see if it has the lines on another screen. Thats one of the things that they had me do. Another test was to turn off the laptop and start it back up holding in either the Fn key I think, I'll have to check. When you do this your screen will flash red, green, yellow and blue, when it does this look and see if the lines are still there. Did they replace you screen?

November 28th, 2011 17:00

Oo yeah, you right. according as techinical support, I already do this:) Fn+d "screen blink colors but still lines",  later I hook up a external screen and the image was show normal without lines! tks for your advices..

November 30th, 2011 10:00

but I still wait a consistent solution from Dell support to replace my led screen.Nice day buddy

No Events found!