Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2011 10:00

XPS 17 L702x Audio Drive problem

Hello everyone

I have just received my XPS 17 few days ago, and i have changed the primary drive to SSD. It took my friend alot of effort to finally able to boot the OS in ACHI mode (he helped me with setting up the system all along), and he also have installed all the drivers for me and everything was okay. When i took the computer home, i realise the X-Fi function is not working properly on the Waves studio control, so I tried reinstall it...That is when the problem started, the Realtek high def audio drive will have problem occur every time I turn on or restart the computer, and it wont be fixed unless I fix it through troubleshoot....

I seriously need some help here...so as the X-Fi MB, i paid for it so i want to use it!!

Sincerely appreciate any help given...

February 11th, 2015 04:00

Very old thread... but what did you do to fix it? I am having the same trouble.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 11th, 2015 07:00

I am having the same trouble.

The original issue was described as

"the Realtek high def audio drive will have problem occur every time I turn on or restart the computer, and it wont be fixed unless I fix it through troubleshoot...."

and you added:

"I just can't get anything to work on mine... but it's not a simple uninstall/re-install issue. no matter what I dis-able, un-install... it doesn't work how it's supposed to."

I'm still a little vague on the issue. Is it this: when you start the laptop it has no audio (through neither the speakers or headphones) but when you run the troubleshooter audio is restored?

What operating system are you using?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 11th, 2015 07:00

I just now belatedly made the connection that you are the person who started the tread earlier about "weird driver".

I cannot get to that thread anymore because the links to it in my e-mail notices for it have stopped working, and it has disappeared from the Laptop Audio board. However I got an e-mail notice that Jennifer K replied to you with a "known" fix. That solution is not known to me as a solution for the symptoms as you described them, so I will be interested to know if it works. There is always something new to learn.

February 11th, 2015 18:00

Not sure if you are able to see the original thread I started, but her advice was no different, and I updated a better example of symptoms.

No Events found!