Highlighted
dhughes1
Silver

XPS 17 NEW adapter plug loose and falls out?!?!

Jump to solution

Recently purchased the XPS 17 laptop, and first thing I noticed when I plugged in the adapter is that there is entirely too much play, it flops down and has fallen out quite a few times already.  Have several other DELL laptops and those are still nice and tight even after years of use~ did they give me the wrong one??  I see no reason why a brand new plug/laptop should be this loose?

dhughes

0 Kudos
808 Replies
speedstep
Diamond

Re: XPS 17 NEW adapter plug loose and falls out?!?!

Jump to solution

The plugs are loose this way when jerked from the side and the plastic is broken.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. You may have to have the motherboard repalced. Contact Dell technical suppor in your region as your under warranty.

Thank you

Royan

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

Jump to solution

If "recently" is less than 21 days from shipment, have the system replaced entirely - you have that right.

0 Kudos
dhughes1
Silver

Jump to solution

it's brand new and was like this the day I first plugged the Adapter in~ nothing around it is broken...the plug just doesn't fit as it should.

0 Kudos
dhughes1
Silver

Jump to solution

delivery was on May 18th, didn't unpack until later on~ and then didn't actually use it or set it up right away... then, came online to see if I could find out anything on it.  I have seen other posts from new owners that mention the same thing...but, last time I checked no one had replied to that post.

0 Kudos
dhughes1
Silver

Jump to solution

Can you tell me the fastest way to do that...seems that when I go to find help or contact info I end up going in circles, which is why I finally came here to post.

thnx

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Which Country did you purchase the system from

Royan

0 Kudos
dhughes1
Silver

Jump to solution

The U.S. I assume, I bought it here on this site.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Call 1-800-624-9896, and punch in your Express service Code, which is on a sticker at the bottom of your laptop, to be routed to the XPS dept, or you can call on 1-866-566-2055.

Thank you

Royan

0 Kudos