ajskupa
1 Nickel

Re: XPS 17 NEW adapter plug loose and falls out?!?!

Jump to solution

i'm thinking the issue it that the power port is recessed too far into the laptop housing so the power plug is not fully inserted. either way i wish dell would do something to fix this problem. this post has been open for 8 months and still no fix?!?!?

0 Kudos
bearshark
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Received my new unit today - unsurprisingly, there's no change to the power supply issue. At the least, I've got a top panel that's no longer sticking up incessantly, and a proper sticker on the bottom of the unit (different service tag number as well)

0 Kudos
woodyth
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

8 months is amazing when something is wrong. but they dont have to deal with it on a daily basis, so no worries for them. i have been through every angle i can try to get this fixed but nothing. i think its a lost cause guys. 

0 Kudos
bearshark
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

So, any update? Got the new unit, and, as above, nada difference...

0 Kudos
ortak
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I found a solution after playing around with all kinds of methods-even Velcro.  Velcro worked for a while but wore out.  My latest invention for my XPS is a piece of an old spring shaped into an omega symbol.  On the XPS the power cord is right next to the lock down slot.  I place the cord into the loop of the spring and compress the spring and insert the spring tips into this slot.  This really works out fantastic.  But again it might only work on the XPS.

0 Kudos
cpuzder
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Ha, amazing.

Last night I was playing SimCity. Apparently I was laying zone tiles too hard has my power cord kept falling out as I sat  in my lounger couch. I wasnt even using the touch pad, i was using a USB mouse.

0 Kudos
woodyth
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

i dont think anything is gonna change with this, i mean its been 8 months already, i keep getting told, watch the forums the solution will be there. not so much

0 Kudos
drhodesumr
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Dell has really screwed this one up.  

0 Kudos
Screavics
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Same thing for me, using USB mouse & just typing away on the keyboard. Next thing I know the laptop is "lagging" ALT+Tab oh lookie.... power cord unplugged. Dell XPS 17 really regret this purchase

0 Kudos
cpuzder
2 Iron

Jump to solution

that is a fact. Terry_B I believe is honsetly working on it as much as he could and more than anyone in a call center. but this is absolutely horrible.

I created a petition, let's all sign this and try to do something here.

www.change.org/.../we-the-undersigned-request-that-dell-resolve-the-unusably-loose-power-connection-...