Setapart22
2 Bronze

RE: XPS 17 NEW adapter plug loose and falls out?!?!

Jump to solution

Better b bureal love that Dell blocks it what a jokre

0 Kudos
IDamian
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

YEs the jack. Sorry it was not more clear. Will do the search you suggested, and Thank you.

0 Kudos
IDamian
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I have contacted the tech to try and bring the part I found namely:   DELL XPS 17 L701x 17 L702X M1210 M1330 DC Power Jack Replacement Repair Service. and once again thanks (with fingers crossed).

0 Kudos
80sGuy
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I have contacted the tech to try and bring the part I found namely:   DELL XPS 17 L701x 17 L702X M1210 M1330 DC Power Jack Replacement Repair Service. and once again thanks (with fingers crossed).

This will NOT remedy the issue unless you replace it with the updated fix as mentioned. Other than that you're just throwing money away.

0 Kudos
akamom
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This has happened with my XPS17 forever and they completely rebuilt my whole computer after multiple visits.

0 Kudos
80sGuy
2 Iron

Jump to solution

This has happened with my XPS17 forever and they completely rebuilt my whole computer after multiple visits.

They replaced mine with a new unit, then replaced all the parts one by one from the 'new' unit so essentially it's like a new computer, but the DC jack never be fix from Dell because it doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
equineaddicts
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

They replaced mine with a new unit, then replaced all the parts one by one from the 'new' unit so essentially it's like a n

This happened with mine too but if you think about it, you started with a new computer and several months and replacements later you now have a refurbished/rebuilt one.  With the cost difference between buying one of these new and buying refurbished, this is one of the things that ticked me off the most.

0 Kudos
zinscot
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Check eBay for a "Power Cord Tension Retainer" this will solve your problem.

0 Kudos
ecig
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>.Mine was bought used.  No service.  I was sitting here and the darned thing just slipped out on its own.  Sometimes I get annoyed.  So I took a moment with Google and here I am.   It is not very important.   I would like it fixed, but...  Velcro? OK.  Any other simple ideas would be welcome.

0 Kudos