Highlighted
maturenovice
1 Copper

XPS 9343 (2015) battery not charging - no issues with battery or AC adopter when tested

Jump to solution

Hello.  I would be grateful if someone can help me with solving the following battery issue.

My XPS13 9343 (with Windows 10, 2015 model) recently stopped charging when connected.  I have conducted BIOS test, stress test, system test, battery test recommended on Dell forum, but could not find any issues.

Then ran device manager and checked & updated drivers, tested for virus, scanned the system, but could not detect any issues.

Lights on AC adopter is on (static) , and the front light under the touch pad turn on white briefly when connected then turn off immediately when plugged in (when disconnected, orange light comes on).

It seems charging is disabled...I might have touched keys without realizing (I checked whether there were hot key to enable/disable charging, but could not find one).

Since it is an ultrabook, and the battery has no issues, I have not opened the back to take out the battery.

I brew into the connecting hole, but it did not solve the issue.

Please help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: XPS 9343 (2015) battery not charging - no issues with battery or AC adopter when tested

Jump to solution

If the system doesn't detect the AC adapter correctly, the battery won't charge.  That's the first thing to check - F2 at powerup.  If the adapter shows unknown, either it, the DC jack, or the mainboard is bad.  Replace parts in that order.

If the system DOES correctly identify the AC adapter, but the battery won't charge, odds are (particularly given the amber light), the battery is the faulty part.

0 Kudos
maturenovice
1 Copper

RE: XPS 9343 (2015) battery not charging - no issues with battery or AC adopter when tested

Jump to solution

Dear ejn63,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I just did F2 at powerup and found the adapter was displayed as 'Unknown.'

I would order the new AC adapter today and see how it goes.

Will report when solved.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

There's about a 30% chance it's the adapter.  If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the DC jack:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

One of those two parts should solve the problem - if not, you'll know it's the mainboard that's bad.

0 Kudos