Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2015 09:00

XPS 9530 screws

Hi,

After upgrading a component in my XPS 9530 laptop, some screws got stripped (worn out) after just 3 times of loosning/tighting them. I used a compatible  T5 Torx screwdriver, and didn't apply too much force (to get them worn out so quickly).

To my understanding, the screws' details are:

19DY9 Torx SCREW,M2x3L,3.6D,0.4T,Black, Base -> Palmrest . 

Where can I obtain those screws? Shouldn't this issue be covered by the laptop's warranty (i.e. - shouldn't a technician come, get the stripped screws out and replace them with new ones)? (btw - I'm from Israel).

Thanks

10 Posts

April 12th, 2015 20:00

I have a similar problem. Please let us know if you found a reasonable cost supplier for these screws. I wonder if Phillips type replacement is available.  Thanks.

4 Posts

April 13th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Amazingly enough, no one in Dell's support could help me (so far) with getting the details. I didn't believe getting such a simple information would be impossible.

I managed to find a suitable screw from a friend's old laptop; it is a "Phillips" screw that fits just fine.

I am waiting for a phone conversation with a senior technician at Dell (should take place tomorrow). I'll update if anything new comes up.

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2015 09:00

Noon_Moon, what did you find out, please? How does one go about getting replacement screws?

4 Posts

July 23rd, 2015 10:00

Unfortunately, Dell support was completely inept to help me with this matter. It's funny how they can help with various sorts of much more complicated technical issues, but cannot provide information or support when it comes to screws.

I managed to get some screws from my friends.

I would go to a home depot / a local computer lab and ask for screws that fit.

Dell support, if you happen to read this, please provide your insight and information regarding this matter.

No Events found!