Sitan
1 Copper

RE: XPS 9550: Latest Thunderbolt firmware upgrade destroys HDMI port

Jump to solution

Unfortunately , I met the same problem with HDMI port on my 9560 after upgrading the latest TB firmware "Intel_TBT3_FW_UPDATE_NVM26_0CT6J_A03_4.26.04.001.exe". Now I have to wait a reply from DELL as I cannot use my external monitor.

0 Kudos
JCNZ
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey team, I'm having this issue also. XPS 15 9550 - same firmware update as you've all applied, resulting in the onboard HDMI port inverting colours.

Appreciate a solution, Dell.

Happy to PM my service tag to a dell rep.

0 Kudos
redsciurus
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same exact problem!  I can't use my HDMI port at all!

0 Kudos
redsciurus
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same exact problem.  I can't use my HDMI port at all anymore!  This is a huge problem.

0 Kudos
rapgaroo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same with XPS 15 9560.....

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the PMs guys. I won't be able to respond to them all but your details are noted. Our engineering team are investigating this and as soon as a solution is available I will post it here.

Thanks for your patience.

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

richstant
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@Timblaktu - I have the same issue. Tried to apply it (have the TB16 dock) and it failed, but no reason was given. Although looking at the replies in this thread,  that's probably a good thing!

rwk94
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem.  My Precision 5510 HDMI port immediately became unusable after installing the Thunderbolt firmware update.  A huge problem.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

I suppose I am lucky.  My XPS 13 9365, which is using a new firmware NVM 23 seems to be OK.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
timblaktu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks @oduis, it wasn't clear to me from the thread that the HDMI port not working for people is the laptop's HDMI out, and that the HDMI out on the TB16 dock (which is all I plan to use) works fine with the new Thunderbolt Firmware 4.26.03.001,A07. (please confirm/deny that _that_ is what you meant.)

0 Kudos