Mt3-1c
1 Nickel

RE: XPS 9560 - Screen flicker

Just to update, after following the suggestions on here (thanks to all those helpful users) and installing intel version .4664. I have had zero screen flickers, or barcode type flickers for 1 month, and I have been using the laptop extensively. For anyone else having a problem with windows 10 automatically installing the dell driver over the .4664 driver, the only thing that prevented this for me was to go into Device Manager and to click on the Intel driver properties under the display adapters. Then Roll Back the driver. This was only method that prevented windows 10 from automatically reverting to a different driver, so I suggest people check their driver versions to ensure your drivers have not been automatically changed, and do this method if it has, but ensuring to also follow the instructions on the previous pages. Hopefully you get rid of this annoying flicker once and for all.

stevewsc
1 Nickel

I have been running .4664 since it's release and no longer experience any flicker or barcodes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
fcurrie21
1 Copper

I'm running the Dell 9350 with the QHD screen and have been having exactly the same problems reported here for several months. It's peaked with flashing bars like a zebra crossing pulsating at the bottom 1cm of the screen and almost strobing at times. This is interspersed with black flickers every couple of minutes. So intermittent though. Sometimes it's fine! No change with moving the screen or giving it a tap.

Anyway, good news. I also have just updated the Dell graphics driver to 20.19.15.4531 and (touchwood) have gone into remission. If it will not let you update the driver (sometimes it can say you already have the latest driver when in fact you do not), download directly from intel here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=2DJGM

Download the file and change the file extension from .exe to .zip, extract it into a folder.

Go to device manager -> display adaptors

right click the intel graphics card and update driver

select browse my computer then let me pick from a list

select 'have disk'

navigate to your extracted folder, select the graphics folder then ki118775.inf

okay okay okay

all done. Hope this works for others. and i hope it lasts for me!!

pyraohms
1 Copper

I sent my laptop to Dell last week, and got it back today. They have replaced the whole top assembly. To my great pleasure, the flicker has vanished. In addition, Dell provided exceptional service and support, in fact, the best hat I've ever encountered.

My advice is to stop trying drivers and instead send the unit to service. At least my warranty for the 9350 is valid until 2018, hopefully for you other owners also.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
JustMark
1 Nickel

Following the instructions found in this thread, I installed the latest Intel Graphics driver. Once this was done, Windows decided to install a driver from December 2016 and I had to roll back the driver to get the latest driver back. Now I have the latest Intel and Nvidia drivers and have had zero flicker for 4 days.

sfmoosavian
1 Nickel

I got my Dell XPS 15 9560 with 4K screen today. The screen is flickering every time I turn on the laptop. Should I send it back?

0 Kudos
sfmoosavian
1 Nickel

I have the same model with the same issue.

0 Kudos
weirdobeardo
1 Nickel

You should definitely send it back if it has flicker issues. I had two in a row with flickering, sent both of them back for refunds. Don't send them back for repair, insist on a refund and buy another. I won't be buying another though, since I've wasted over a month trying to get a machine that worked and ended up giving up and buying something else!

0 Kudos
pooyasf
1 Nickel

When i get my Dell 9560 one month ago everything was Ok. last week i update my BIOS(1.3.3) and some other stuff in my computer and all the problems started. First i get random BSODs. Dell suggest me to reinstall windows. I reinstalled windows and installed drivers in correct order. But when i installed Intel display driver (4627) i starts getting BSODs. When i delete that Driver and installed 4668 flickering problems started. I uninstalled it again and installed 4678 . Some times my screen goes black and windows crached!

Dell suggest me to Uninstall both Nvidia and Intel Display driver  and install Intel display driver first and then install nvidia. But i do that and still getting random BSODs.

Now Dell tell me you should bear with us until we get an update!

0 Kudos
JustMark
1 Nickel

I would do a fresh windows install and then see how well it works. If you have creators update installed, it is easy to get a fresh install. Go to settings, update & security, recovery and click get started under reset this pc. It will reinstall windows and all store apps.

0 Kudos