Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: XPS 9560 - Screen flicker

Did Dell carrover the same screen and same screen defect from the 9550?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Yes @asdfpoui they did, in fact they used the hacked fix of removing the lower brightness levels that they had to backpedal on due to the backlash from the 9550 owners, but I guess if you are sad enough to use that on a  new laptop you have no "it used to be like this" to fall back on. They should have had a new backlight controller put in the panel in reality but this is Dell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I also have this issue with my 4K 9560. Pretty much ready to return mine and be done with it. Also notice some color banding on mine which was an issue with the 9550 as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I received my Dell XPS 15 9560 same model with 32gb ram and 1tb (toshiba) drive. Had serious flicker issues in Chrome and in Firefox. The solution I have found to work is by going into chrome settings, clicking show advanced settings, UNCHECK the box that says 'Use hardware acceleration when available'. Seems to have fixed the problem.

Highlighted
3 Silver

@Crash6076 - that's a separate issue which is fixed with the latest Intel drivers. The issue we're referring to occurs regardless of browser, etc. It just happens whatever app you might be using and even if you're not running anything.

Dell 9560: 7700HQ / 32 GB RAM / 1 TB Drive / 4k screen with flicker and browser/Excel stutter lag / wifi with regular signal loss

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I just took delivery of a new 9560; 7700HQ / 32 GB RAM / 1 TB Drive / 4K. No matter what I do - turn all graphics acceleration off, etc. - I still get flickering. I'm returning this if this issue is not resolved very soon.

Dell, please remedy and reply.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

I have the same issue and it is directly tight to hyper-v. Without hyper-v, it works well. If I enable hyper-v, screen flicker. It makes Docker unusable on XPS until Dell fixes this, which is a problem for developers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Well thanks for all of your help with this one so far Dell...

Further reports from users with this same issue on the 9560:

www.reddit.com/.../

www.reddit.com/.../

Dell 9560: 7700HQ / 32 GB RAM / 1 TB Drive / 4k screen with flicker and browser/Excel stutter lag / wifi with regular signal loss

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

And I see someone with a 9550 is reporting this same issue: en.community.dell.com/.../20007992

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Seeing as the people from Dell are ignoring us, I tried reaching out to their Twitter team in case that might prompt a response. Unhelpfully they said they are "unable" to respond to us in this thread as they have a dedicated team of people at Dell who deal with requests via the Dell Support Forums. I am yet to see any one of this so-called team to bother responding to our requests for help. So much for being dedicated...

Here is the Twitter exchange: 

http://imgur.com/a/9AdXE

http://i.imgur.com/bubYgMO.png