Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2015 09:00

XPS Battery.

I have a Dell XPS L511Z laptop and I recently just replaced the battery. What lead me to replacing it was before I would power on my laptop and the first screen that would pop up would be one telling me my battery was compromised and to press f1 to continue. The old battery would stay at 19% and wouldn't hold a charge when unplugged, my laptop would power down immediately.

So I had it replaced with a new battery and now the battery icon is red and it is telling me 'No battery is detected.' It doesn't have the 'battery is compromised screen' on power-up, but it is not holding a charge, it powers down if unplugged from the charger, and it stays at 0% with the 'No battery is detected' message in the bottom right. 

I have a 1yr warranty with the new battery, which I probably will have another look taken at it, but is there anything that I could do that might help? 

Thanks.

1.2K Posts

October 14th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

I would ask you to try a few steps,

*Go to the system BIOS (press F2 key on system startup to go to system BIOS) then check the status of the system battery under battery information.

*Check the heath of the battery in the system BIOS with and without the charger connected.

Also confirm as to how the battery was purchased and send the service tag of the system via private message.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

2 Posts

October 14th, 2015 12:00

Thank you for the answer , I had the same problem!

3 Posts

October 14th, 2015 16:00

I went into BIOS like instructed and it said that the status of the battery was a non-dell battery, when plugged into the charger. I was unable to test it without the charger plugged in because it will not power-on without the charger. I also messaged you the service tag and contacted the person where I got the battery from since its still under warranty, since I was told they were going to use an authentic dell battery. 

3 Posts

October 14th, 2015 16:00

So I went into BIOS while the charger was plugged in, and it said the system battery was a Non-Dell battery, so I contacted the person who replaced it for me, and am waiting for a reply from them. (I was unable to check the status when the charger was unplugged because it will not power on without the charger plugged in.) I will provide you with the service tag through private message.

Thanks.

1.2K Posts

October 15th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for the reply! The above message indicates that its a non dell battery.Also this is the link for dell support site from which you can check the system specifications.

Once you have spoken to the agent who sold the battery to you do write to us their reply.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

No Events found!