Solved!

Go to Solution

February 22nd, 2013 19:00

XPS L502X SIM card slot

Welcome Dear;

Again i have one query and I hope to find some help

I have Dell XPS L502X laptop

It come with SIM card slot under the battery and i have all drivers
but it's not work - when i slide the SIM card into the SIM card slot !!!

if my laptop not support this optional Function how can i upgrade my laptop to do this ?

please help me :(

thanks for you
and sorry abut my english :)

Numan AL-Ameen

1.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2013 21:00

Hi Numan,

In order to use 3G/HSPA you need to configure the system with a Mobile Broadband mini-card at the time of purchase. If you have not ordered your system with the 3g sim, then the slot may be there but no hardware for it to work. It would be an empty slot.

If a SIM card was required with the Moile Broadband mini-card, it would have shipped with the system based on the Mobile Broadband carrier you selected at the time of purchase.

Please check the order details and revert if the system was configured with the Mobile broadband option.

To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

9 Posts

February 23rd, 2013 11:00

Hi Harish,

Thank you for your reply

yes maybe my system was not configured with the Mobile broadband option :) so maybe i have empty slot :)

i go to

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

and find some parts like this:

DELL

AT&T Wireless 5540 HSPA Mobile Broadband Mini-Card

at

If i  purchase it can to be able me to use my GSM SIM Card?

please advice me what can i do ?

Thanks and Regards

Numan AL-Ameen

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 24th, 2013 15:00

If your system wasn't configured for a broadband cell card, the antenna won't be there, either - meaning not only do you need the WWAN card and SIM, you may also need other parts (the cable harness at least, which will require quite a bit of disassembly to install).  You also MUST check with your service provider - they may or may not support the internal WWAN card your system will take.

All in all, you're better off with a USB broadband cell adapter.

9 Posts

February 24th, 2013 15:00

Up

9 Posts

February 24th, 2013 16:00

Ahaaaaaaa :)

OK

Big THANKS for you ejn63

2 Posts

March 30th, 2013 11:00

hey where could i find anteena ???

1 Message

February 17th, 2015 09:00

Hey there

how to check whether my  dell xps l502x support the sim card or not.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 17th, 2015 10:00

You will need a WWAN card to go with the SIM card - if you don't have that, you will need to purchase it (they were optional at purchase, so unless you know you bought one, you don't now have it).

No Events found!