Highlighted
clown187
1 Copper

XPS L502X keyboard problem space bar and down arrow

In the last couple of weeks my keyboard has started to act up. I am running the My Dell diagnostic program and the space bar is reading as down AND space and the down arrow is reading as down AND space. I did clean off the connectors and even replaced the keyboard and have had no luck fixing the issue.

There are no keyboard short cuts on or anything like that either. Does this mean it is a motherboard problem since everything in these laptops is part of the mobo? Should I try to open it up and see if something looks out of place? I never opened up the laptop until I replaced the keyboard last week. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
clown187
1 Copper

RE: XPS L502X keyboard problem space bar and down arrow

A couple more points. When I try scrolling down the webpage with my arrow button it pages down instead of scrolling down. When I try to type searched in the omnibar hitting the space bar chooses the first drop down suggestion. This isn't a problem with I go to google's website though. Has anyone else had this problem?

I did see in some of the old chrome forums that people started having a similar problem after an update. Is there a way to reprogram the keys using an external keyboard?

0 Kudos
clown187
1 Copper

RE: XPS L502X keyboard problem space bar and down arrow

I may just have to keep bumping this until a mod tries to answer it. I do have a usb keyboard that all the keys work on. Is there a way to change the keys on the keyboard?

0 Kudos