Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2014 08:00

XPS L502x - Locked - Need help out of my country!!!

Hello Guys!

My name is Leonardo and I am writing from Brazil. And I apologize for my English and sorry if i am posting this in the wrong area.

I have a "small problem" that I hope can be resolved here.

I know many will tell me to contact technical support in my area. However, it has been done and it still do not help me as well i write here on the recommendation of one of the attendants of the Dell Brazil.

So…

I have an XPS 15 (L502X) laptop, which is locked in BIOS. That lock after three attempts and is only released using a password provided by Dell. (I think)

And no one of the local technical support has the necessary tool to unlock my computer. Do not want to believe that I really need to replace the motherboard of this notebook. That really scares me.

I saw that many have this kind of problem, and always communicate that the contact technical support should be done. Well, I came to try a contact Dell in the United States.

Using my Service Tag, I cannot get a contact (either by email or chat), because I end up being redirected to the Brazilian site (they cannot resolve my problem).

USA DELL, can you help me?

Obrigado (Thanks),
Leonardo Lereno

9 Posts

September 5th, 2014 06:00

Please, guys.

:emotion-10:

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 5th, 2014 07:00

If you are the registered owner of the system, call Dell Brazil (a charge will apply out of warranty).   If you are not the registered owner, you will need to initiate a transfer of ownership from the registered owner - if that person is not known, you will need to change the mainboard to solve the problem.

9 Posts

September 7th, 2014 07:00

Thanks for reply... The notebook is in my name. I've tried to contact dell Brazil. Nobody was able to solve my problem, they say they do not have the necessary tool to generate the password. So I created the topic, to try a help with Dell outside my country. Thanks again.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 7th, 2014 07:00

You will need to call Dell in the country where the system was sold.

9 Posts

September 8th, 2014 12:00

Thanks again for reply.

The computer was bought Brazil, is in my name, and nobody can help me when I call Dell Brazil.
The technicians suggested I contact Dell USA to solve my problem.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 8th, 2014 13:00

There is no "tool" to unlock the system.  Dell Brazil - - upon verification of ownership -- will generate a master password based on the service tag in the system.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 11th, 2014 05:00

Where was the system originally purchased?

If the XPS isn't sold in Brazil, it must have been purchased elsewhere - which is where you'll need to go for support.

9 Posts

September 11th, 2014 05:00

For sure, in the perfect world this will be solved in minutes. 

As i said, a technician of dell Brazil recommended i try a contact contact here. 
Nobody in Brazil can generate this password to unlock my computer, so i used the term "tool".

Again, the computer is in my name and I can prove it.
But still no one in Brazil is able to solve this problem. Not with this XPS. Only with the Inspiron and Vostro line.

Thanks again,

Leonardo Lereno.

9 Posts

September 11th, 2014 08:00

It was bought in Brazil. In the dell local online store.

9 Posts

September 19th, 2014 11:00

:(

No Events found!