Highlighted
PankajShinde
1 Copper

XPS L702X Blue Screen and horizontal white colour lines randomly

I have Dell XPS L702X

When I start the laptop it shows whole dark blue screen and flashy screen with white horizontal lines moving up and down...help

Sometimes lines are not shown but the screen flashes and flickers but it happens for just a second.

I will provide a link to the video i have made shortly.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: XPS L702X Blue Screen and horizontal white colour lines randomly

Hi,

Is there an external monitor or a TV to which you can connect this laptop to? If yes, Check if the display is perfect on the other monitor.

Please boot to BIOS by tapping F2 on the startup Dell logo to check if the lines are seen even there.

Also run a hardware diagnostics by to isolate the faulty component.

To enter diagnostics, Keep tapping F12 on the startup Dell logo that comes as soon you press the power button.

Select "Diagnostics" from the list, Run it completely and let us know if it passes, Else please reply with the Error message and validation code, we shall take it further.

Thank you

Dell-Gokul G
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos
PankajShinde
1 Copper

I don't have any external monitor to connect but i did Run the BIST test by holding D while pressing power button and during the test the colors were too bright nd screen was flashing and lines were there on the screen during test also. I M not sure if test completed successfully or not, after starting the test some colors appeared and then system restarted. And screen is not always visible so it is bit difficult to select the diagnostics option. I can enter into bios but hard to get to diagnostics option. Here is the link for the actual problem www.youtube.com/watch
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

The LCD screen is faulty and needs to be replaced.

If the machine is under warranty, Please send us the service tag via private message, We shall look into the option on how do we go about replacing the part, If it is out of warranty, Please contact the Dell support in your geographic location

Thank you

Dell-Gokul G
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos