Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2011 05:00

XPS L702X Not Responding

Hi all, I have had my Dell XPS L702X since march 2011. It constantly freezes and runs very slowly. After several restores it is still no better. I have upgraded the RAM to 8GB. I have tried Malware bytes and CCleaner which does seem to help. Program not responding is a common error. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Many Thanks

Chris

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate X64, 640GB HD, 8GB RAM, NON-3D

3.8K Posts

December 20th, 2011 05:00

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Community. Try running the system in safe mode to check it works fine. Press the F8 key at the Dell Logo and select safe mode. If it works fine in safe mode then its a software issue, most probable cause could be a trojan or a virus, or a 3rd party program.

You can also try disabling your startup progams and checking, click on start, all programs, accessories, run, type in msconfig and press enter, click on the startup tab on top and click on disable all at the bottom, apply and restart. Do this in normal mode. If it does not make a difference then please go back and enable the startup programs.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

31 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 05:00

If you have done so much and still cannot solve the problem, the next step is to install a fresh copy of Windows. Make sure you backup any data that you need first.

2 Posts

March 18th, 2012 15:00

Still having issues after several factory restores. Films are juddery and unwatchable have tried Windows Media player and iTunes. All drivers are up to date. Have to say this is the worst laptop I have owned.

No Events found!