Highlighted
supatel21
1 Copper

XPS M1530 Display Issue

Hi There,

I have XPS M1530 computer. I restarted my computer today and no display at all. I can here the sound of Windows coming back, all the lights are on but not display. When I connect my computer to TV , I can see everything on TV . I have restore from the last restore point but no display. Any idea... Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: XPS M1530 Display Issue

Shine a bright light on the screen - if you can see a faint image, it's likely the backlight or inverter has failed.

If you see nothing, it's likely the video chip is bad (yes, they can fail in such a way as the external screen works while the internal one does not).

In either case, it may make no economic sense to put the significant repair cost into a system that is this old -- if it's useable as a desktop with an external screen, it may still work for you, but it's in reality a 7+ year old notebook - and sinking a minimum of a few hundred dollars in repair into a system this old isn't a great idea.

0 Kudos
kirkd
4 Ruthenium

RE: XPS M1530 Display Issue

Either the display or the backlight system is faulty. When the display should be on, look carefully at the screen using a small flashlight. If you see a very dim display, the backlight system is bad. If you see nothing, then the display itself is bad. It could be a loose plug connecting the display or the screen is bad.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos