Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2011 12:00

XPS M1530 - Display fault (im guessing)

I experienced a problem with my XPS display, it wont come on at all from boot-up now, not even to show the BIOS screen. 
The date of manufacture (printed onto the laptop) states 07/12/09 which would mean that it is still under warranty if the one year product extension. 
it has the 8600gt chip in it, but an unable to phone dell as the times their lines are open are the same times that im in work, and even if I did get time to phone them, it would run out fairly quickly as i'll probably be put on hold.
What do you suggest I do?

90 Posts

April 1st, 2011 15:00

The more diagnostics you do now, the less time with support.  If you have an external monitor, connect it.  If it displays, then your issue is the LCD.  If it does not, it probably is something on the motherboard.

For me, I never call Dell.  I pull up a chat window and work it that way.  Usually within 5 minutes I have the call logged and service on the way.

Funny, I am waiting at home now for the Dell Tech.  Motherboard #3 going in this afternoon (sent from my wife's Compaq).

3 Posts

April 1st, 2011 16:00

I tried to connect an external monitor (HP1907) that i use with my external display... but still nothing.

I tried the chat window but they wont let me in with my service tag, and try to make me phone them.

3 Posts

April 4th, 2011 17:00

Anyone from dell able to shed any light on what I can do next?

No Events found!