Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

6 Posts

February 4th, 2008 16:00

XPS M1530 - Problems with my wifi adaptor

Hello, i recently brought a new XPS laptop running vista home premium, 2.20 T7500 processor, 2 GB RAM. However, sometimes the wifi light on the top of the keyboard turns off and i cant use the internet. I have to restart the computer each time this happens in order to use the internet. Is there a reason why this is happpening? Thanks for the help.

February 4th, 2008 17:00

Me and my dad have both the same laptop (xps m1530) and also have the exakt same problem.
Please can someone help us.

4 Posts

February 5th, 2008 17:00

hello,

I have the same problem with my xps (same configuration) I got mine yesterday (04-02-08)

wifi connection stops, got it on again after a couple of restarts...

3 Posts

February 5th, 2008 19:00

Hello,

I have the same problem with my XPS M1530. Has anybody a solution for it? is it a bug in windows vista? or perhaps a hardware problem???

6 Posts

February 5th, 2008 19:00

I recently updated my wifi adaptor through the dell website to a newer version, ill see if this fixes the problem and get back to you guys.

February 6th, 2008 08:00

May I ask for the link to the driver you downloaded?
The one I found was the same as the one on my computer.

/James

6 Posts

February 6th, 2008 13:00

You have to use the dell support centre application if you want to update your drivers, because dell will provide specific updates for your laptop. if you have the dell support centre application on your laptop open it up and press the drivers and downloads option on the left hand side. It will open up a web page on the dell website. Then go down to network, its a drop down list, and look for your wifi adaptor, mine was Intel Pro Wireless. I checked the current version of my adaptor and it was below the new update. It seems to be working, but i will keep it on to see if it turns off again.

This link may not work but here you go:

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=GB&l=en&s=gen&os=WLH&osl=en&servicetag=HPV1D3J&appIndex=dellspct
Message Edited by JuliusN on 02-06-2008 03:01 PM

3 Posts

February 6th, 2008 15:00

Hi,

I used the support centre application and I'm using this latest driver but I have still the problem that the connection will be cut.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate....is anybody using XP or different operating system? Perhaps it is a problem in Windows Vista....

Michael

243 Posts

February 7th, 2008 09:00

There was a sililar issue with the m1210s that was resolved eventually by a new driver but the work around prior to that was to change the wifi adapter settings or battery power management settings to not max out the wifi card (i.e. don't have throughput or hardware performance set to max). This usually only caused a problem on systems that had bluetooth enabled so if your not using bluetooth disable it for now until you get a driver that works for you.

3 Posts

February 7th, 2008 15:00

Hi ButtonMasher,

that sounds good for a work around but unfortunaly I'm using bluetooth with mit bluetooth mouse :(

But I will try it to disable the blootooth function...

1 Message

May 22nd, 2008 13:00

hi,i recently got a Dell XPS M1330 and downgraded it to xp,all works fine besides the wireless(Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN). I installed the drivers from intel which said that they were compatible with xp and when installed nothing happened. The system recignises that the 'network controller' is connected and keeps prompting for drivers,which i tried to install but to no avail.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

No Events found!