viramont99
2 Bronze

Re: XPS M1530 - lots of problems and no customer support

Hello

I'm feeling it too.  My XPS has been nothing but troubble since I got it.  My OS has crashed on my XPS 3 times , lost my files- now just afraid to even put any files into it!  Most rescently the bluetooth is malfunctioning along with the backspace button.  They refused to exchange my laptop even after the countless hours with customer service.  Did you get yours replaced?

jv

0 Kudos
mjpg4950
2 Bronze

jv, so sorry to hear about your troubles.  I did get mine "replaced".....but ended up returning the replacement too.  When the replacement arrived, it didn't have some of the upgraded hardware that I had paid for on the original XPS.  Nobody at Dell told me that the replacement machine was going to be downgraded.   I had to figure it out myself by looking at the parts list for the first machine and comparing it line by line to the 2nd machine's parts live and device manager.   I was so mad when I figured it out.  So, I returned the original machine AND the replacement and all of the other peripherals (printer etc) that I had ordered with the original purchase.  Everything went back to Dell for a full refund.  Once that was done, I bought an HP HDX16t and am so far loving it.

I think the key to the replacement and then the refund was that my problems all happened within the 1st 21 days of ownership.  How long have you had yours?  If it's still within the first 21 days, you should be able to return it for a refund or replacement.  If it's beyond 21 days, were you able to at least report some of the problems within the 1st 21 days?  That would help.

The other thing is that it took me literally about 30 hours on the phone with various people at Dell to reach the final conclusion.  Easily 5 of those hours were trying to find someone at Dell to take back the 2nd substandard machine.  BE PERSISTENT and keep calling.  I talked to probably 10 people (several of them were managers) just trying to get someone who was willing to admit that sticking me with a downgraded replacement might not be acceptable.  KEEP CALLING.  Let me know how it works out.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
ThomasGrosser
2 Bronze

I would be glad to return a not functional XPS - in Germany DELL now made it unpossible for business customers !

So I would end buying by DELL !!! It´s unbeliveable but true ...

Greetings

Thomas

0 Kudos
0779mike
2 Iron

I see from posts here that in the US Dell allow consumers 21 days to return faulty M1530s.

I have a new one on the way to me in the UK and I am wondering how long we have to return stuff in the UK, is it 7 days ? 

0 Kudos
shravans
2 Bronze

I can completely relate to you. I have had nothing but issues with my xps m1530. First one i got, used to get so hot, literally put a burn mark on the table, couldn't even pick it up. SO they end up replacing after contacting tech support 4000 times. Next one comes, works fine for a few days and then lo and behold... keys start popping out, had 4 keyboards replaced.  Then the back screen hinge comes lose and goes into the service center for replacement. Before the screen hinge, same issue of overheating.

So goes in to the serice center, comes back with a few parts replaced. And then guess what, battery stops charging and doesn't recognise the Ac Adapter. Some comes back the support guy, replaces the ac adapter and they send me a new battery. He also replaces motherboard. During all this the trackpad buttons start getting stuck and again o with tech support. They will send a replacement as always and also noticed, a big dent on the side, maybe something happened at the service center along with a few other things.

During all this, i upgraded my router to a draft n and lo and behold the XPS does not connect in N mode only G. Go back to support and they bounce me around a few times and finally say they don't support wireless issues for free, so pay for it and get help. I also have a mac and that connects in N mode no problems. So now all i want is to get the hardware replaced and get rid of this thing.

Like you said above, this is why Dell is losing market share and i am done with Dell. No more, after years of owning at least 7-8 Dell machines, i am done with Dell.

0 Kudos