Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 16th, 2010 04:00

XPS M1530 with Nvidia 8600 gpu.

My graphics card has completely gone out on my 1530. This is apparently a known issue with this graphics card. Dell refuses to fix it because it is two months outside of their coverage on this issue.

Dell never bothered to inform me about this potential problem. For the past year or so I have been having issues with the computer overheating and the video getting bad. I knew I was past my initial one year warranty so I made due by removing the bottom panel and letting it vent. If Dell had made XPS 1530 owners aware of the issue I would have had it fixed long ago. I only just now found out when I went to research my problem for a possible fix. Now I'm up the creek without a laptop. Dell does not seem to want to back up their product even with a known defect.

For everyone that has this computer make sure you call in before it is to late! A warranty "enhancement" does not cut it! The most dissapointing thing is that I worked as a Home Sales, Salesman for years. I always sold the computers based on their reliability and commitment to service.

Here is Dell's own info regarding the issue:

http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/b/direct2dell/archive/2008/08/18/nvidia-gpu-update-dell-to-offer-warranty-enhancement-to-all-affected-customers-worldwide.aspx

5.2K Posts

July 16th, 2010 07:00

Dell has added an additional year's warranty coverage for these video chips. Get back to Dell and push the issue. See this LINK.

No Events found!