Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 23rd, 2013 15:00

XPS M1530

I have a problem with my M1530. When I turn it on the blue lights on the bar adjacent to the on/off switch flash but it doesn't do anything else. No Dell splash screen. It just sits there and does nothing. If I switch it and off between 6 and 10 times it eventually works.

I read somewhere that it could be the HDD failing so I have replaced it and for a couple of days it was OK but the fault is now reoccurring. 

Any ideas what it could be?

1.5K Posts

July 24th, 2013 18:00

Hi peterorgan,

It seems that the issue is with the system board. It has gone bad and needs replacement.

If you are residing in US, you may contact Dell Out of Warranty Repairs (OWR) department at 1- 800-288-4410 to check the time and cost involved for repairs.

If you are comfortable in replacing the motherboard on your own, you may contact Dell Spares in US at 1-800-372-3355. For Owner’s Manual, please refer to the link: http://bit.ly/13bP6W1.

Please feel free to reply for any other questions. I will be glad to assist you.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 15:00

Unplug the system and remove the battery;  hold the power button for 30 sec and remove and reinsert the memory modules.  If that doesn't solve the problem, you likely have a bad cold solder joint somewhere on the mainboard - meaning that would need to be replaced (not really worth it on a system this old).

1.5K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 16:00

Hi peterorgan,

Please share the status of power LED when you turn on the system. Also observe and let me know if the blue lights next to the power button are flashing in any particular pattern. You may try to run the hardware diagnostics to check for the hardware functionality by either pressing + Power button while system is off or by removing the battery and the ac adapter, press the power button and plug in the ac adapter.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

4 Posts

July 24th, 2013 09:00

Unfortunately that doesn't work but thanks anyway

4 Posts

July 24th, 2013 09:00

When I switch on, the lights to the right of the power switch light up in sequence from left to right and right to left and the fan is running.  Once this is completed  the fan stops and nothing else happens.  I have run the diagnostics and all is reported OK.  I'm stuck. :(

4 Posts

July 25th, 2013 06:00

Thanks for that.

1.5K Posts

July 25th, 2013 17:00

Hi peterorgan,

Thank you for the response. I hope you will find the information useful.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!