My laptop XPS M1530 does not boot. Even the DELL logo does not appear, so pressing F12 does not take me to BIOS.
When I turn it on:
1. Lights flash at multimedia buttons as always.
2. Blue Light is flashed on Battery icon nearby headphones plugin slot. But the harddisk icon does not have any light.
3. A cursor keeps blinking in top-left corner of the black screen.
4. F2, F12 keys does not work. Only black screen is displayed.
- I tried removing and again fixing the battery in its slot. but it did not work.
- Initially the problem started with this error "Try reseat the drive", on black screen. Then I removed the HDD and fixed it again. But no help and after that there is no error shown.
My RAM was corrupted, after I replaced it worked fine.
Check RAM in your case if you have the same symptoms..before checking other hardwares..