Highlighted
Not applicable

XPS11 Touch Keyboard Senstivity Setting

Hi everyone

hoping that someone can help me out here, i've just received my XPS11 and think it's a beautiful machine... however, the one grief (everyones main grief with this unit it seems) is the keyboards sensitivity setting.

By default, when the computer starts, when you open up the Dell Keyboard (F10), the keyboard sensitivity is set to midway.... i constantly need to keep sliding it to lightest setting (makes it almost usable at this point).

Does anyone know where in registry this setting is kept ? or how i can permanently set it to LIGHTEST.

thanks kindly in advance for any help

Jon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: XPS11 Touch Keyboard Senstivity Setting

I'm also looking for a way to store the lightest keyboard setting

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

use the registry editor to go here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dell Computer Corporation\QuickSet\SelectedFeatures and change ALSDefault to 0 (5 if you want Heavy touch).

Either kill the C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\KBConfig.exe process using task manager and restart it, or reboot the XPS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

this doesn't work,

hey dell, why you *** of your windows users with such backlogs ? OMG it is 5minutes job to repair it....99% of users prefer soft touch, rest might suffer from f10 press disease forever.

xps 11 is not bad device, but I'll rather go for second hand macbook 12" after NBD expire rather than new dell, just because of this stupid problem.

0 Kudos