Not applicable

(XPS13 9350) Unhappy with battery life on my QHD (4-5 hours browsing), are there any BIOS tweaks to help improve it?

Running most recent BIOS. I've disabled different hardware I have no real use for (webcam, microphone, touch screen) but besides hardware, is there anything in the BIOS that can be safely turned off that can potentially free up some battery?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: (XPS13 9350) Unhappy with battery life on my QHD (4-5 hours browsing), are there any BIOS tweaks to help improve it?

same case here bernard. getting 4-5 hours max on a 3 day old XPS13 which is ironically advertised for their long battery life - the very reason why i got it. totally disappointed.

Do note that i get 4-5 hours after setting the screen brightness really low, set the power settings to power saving mode, adjusted the TDP levels and basically did whatever i can to improve the battery life - still getting 4hours or so. Super <profane> battery life for something that I paid a lot of money for!

Called Dell and they asked me to do a diagnostic test, turn off the computer, turn on the computer while holding FN and check on the various items. Battery was shown to be ok. I was told that nothing else cna be done.

0 Kudos