Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2016 01:00

XPS13 Buzzing

My XPS13 seems to have a quiet buzz when scrolling on the touch pad or touch screen. If there is any audio playing through the speakers then this causing interference and crackling through the speakers. If I stop scrolling the crackling stops. So it would seem there is some electrical interference on the board somewhere, possibly in relation to the toucpad/touch screen.

I have read various instance of people having buzzing and coil whine and similar problems on their XPS13. Can anyone confirm what the fix was, was a part replaced, motherboard/touchpad etc?

I have logged it with Dell support and they are going to try change the speakers first although I dont think that is the problem.

15 Posts

February 24th, 2016 10:00

Engineer came today and came with a new wifi card, new speakers and new motherboard. 

Tried after each part was replaced and still the problem exists. Dell support have asked for a week to escalate it to level 3 for their engineers to look in to the problem. Apparently there have been other XPS13's with the same problem. 

1 Message

February 20th, 2016 05:00

second precisely this issue.  please post any resolution.

March 14th, 2016 12:00

Same problem here.  It occurs with almost any movement on the screen: scrolling, page loading, minimizing, maximizing...anything really...even typing.

I just received my XPS 13 about a week ago but I have already configured it almost completely to my liking, so I am reluctant to call and ask for a replacement.

I hope this thread will provide some answers sometime soon.

1 Message

March 16th, 2016 12:00

Same problem with my Latitude e5470. Elecctric buzzing in the middle of laptop is proportional to use of the CPU. It increases on scrolling too. Also i hear a soft buzzing when charging close to power plug.

I think this is an abnormal behaviour but i have checked another models in a store. I also heard similar whining in xps 13 and latitude 3450. I think it is a broader dell's problem. IMO it's amazing that such thing is happening. I'd give my laptop to the service but i have no hope a replacement or sth can help at all.

15 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 04:00

Left the problem with Dell for a few weeks, they mentioned it was a known problem. In the end I asked about a replacement unit or a refund and they offered a refund. A shame as I love the laptop but this is not acceptable in a £1100 laptop. Didn't want to risk it with another one so now I have a Surface Pro 4.

No Events found!