Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 04-17-2016 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS13 L322X "Plugged in, not charging"

I guess this is yet another case of a laptop failing right after warranty expires.

I obviously have the problem so many had before me with a L322X XPS13.

I tried a brand new Dell adapter at a shop, didn't solve the problem.

I had the laptop plug and cable changed, didn't solve the problem.

I changed the battery, didn't solve the problem.

I drained the residual power, updated everything, reinstalled drivers and even windows. Guess what? Yep, didn't change a thing.

I now have an XPS13 that is at 9% from a brand new battery that is going down each time I have a security check at the airport... It's a matter of time until I have to leave it home because it won't charge.

I have now ordered a brand new mainboard / motherboard because it actually is the only thing that is involved in charging the battery I haven't changed...

I'll let you know, what happens with it, guys...

But now, what I can say is Dell laptops sux big time if you are stupid enough not to buy the extended on site support.

Replies (14)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

did you ever find a solution?

Dell don't appear to be very helpful.

6 Indium

You should use the Dell Chat Line which is a real time connection. You can type the first message ahead of time and copy it to the Chat. Works better than verbal discussion and you have a copy if the Chat for your records.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell came and although I had two separate adaptors, a new one they supplied for free worked.

So I must say the 30 mins on the phone to Dell support with an engineer arriving the next day, paid off for me.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

THANK YOU!

This worked for me!

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

when you say adapter?

do u mean the charging port or the actual ac adapter that plug into the wall..

my pc is doing the same thing sayin 0% battery life and i just purchased a new battery with no luck.. this is not fun spending money on my XPS with no results.. love my dell products but this is getting rediculous

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor