Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2014 10:00

XPS13 touchscreen stylus/pen options?

Hi All:

On my new touchscreen XPS13 (9333) I'd like to record "whiteboard videos" and hand-drawn graphics.

• Fingertip touch does not provide the control and line resolution to draw anything other than say a smileyface
  • Rubber-tip 'stylus pens' are only about 70% effective on this screen (thus unusable)
  • Presumably there is no active digitizer built in (?)

Without spending $300 for a Wacom tablet, what are my options? Is there a way to do real drawing on the XPS13 touchscreen? Is there a narrow-tip stylus pen that will work on this screen? Is there an active stylus pen that will work on this screen?

BTW I'm experimenting with Win8.1 software iXplain...not completely sold yet, but it's a good freeware starting point.

Thanks, MD

1 Message

November 6th, 2014 23:00

Hi, 

Unfortunately i don't have an answer as i'm struggling with this issue too, for me the need is writing in Onenote 2013.

Was wondering if you've had the chance to try some pens on your dell in the time that's past.. 

If so would really love a tip or two :)

Thanks, 

Yael

2 Posts

November 7th, 2014 07:00

My solution was to buy a digital tablet. Turns out you can get these for <$100. It works great, and at that price, it's a reasonable compromise. In the end doing rich drawing on a laptop screen that doesn't lay flat is an ergonimic challenge to begin with.

I actually wanted to do whiteboarding with camtasia.

1 Message

January 25th, 2015 19:00

I just bought a 13 inch 2 in 1 for my wife for this purpose and found I can't take handwritten notes in one note with the included pen.  rest of 2-in 1 seems good.  can do with my finger, but really.... i'm about to give Dell the finger and return it and go with Lenovo.  come on dell- is there a solution?  my Lenovo works.

No Events found!