Highlighted
FridayShoes
2 Bronze

XPS15 9550 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen

I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen right after Windows 10 has booted.

It always seems to happen when I move from network to network, eg. If I am working on my home WiFi network and then take my laptop to my work place I will get the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen and vice-versa.

The machine will boot fine however if I've not travelled to new network.

Any ideas, it's a really annoying problem.

Tags (2)
14 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: XPS15 9550 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen

You will need to find out some more info somehow.  One way might be to check the BlueScreen message with the square barcode.  On the bottom of the text it might mention some file involved.

For instance, when I had an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 card installed, I was showing a problem with Netwtw04.sys.

Are your getting any dump files as either Memory.dmp or mini-dump files which would be in a mini-dump folder?  Do you know how to set your system to use the smaller mini-dump files if you have not already done that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
FridayShoes
2 Bronze

There's no mention of any file on the bluescreen. I've found the minidump files, how to I open them or submit them?

0 Kudos
FridayShoes
2 Bronze

So, I found a program called bluescreenview and loaded the minidump file, the error appears to be being caused by ntoskrnl.exe

0 Kudos
FridayShoes
2 Bronze

The crash address is listed as ntoskrnl.exe+16bf70

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Since the kernel is not usually the cause of Blue Screens, there is probably some driver or software that isn't showing.

I am not an expert at reading dump files but if something is being pointed to which is not the cause then I look through your system for older drivers.  You can do that yourself but easier when using WinDbg to analyze the file.

If you were willing to put your dump files on OneDrive and give us a link, I would try to check them.

Otherwise, you might try disabling anything you can to see if the Blue Screens will stop.  Since you seem to believe it is related to your online activity, you might start by reinstalling your Network Adapter drivers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
FridayShoes
2 Bronze

Sure, here you go https://mega.nz/#!zZ50RCYD

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Not sure to whom the file was meant, but is available on a non-encrypted site?

0 Kudos
FridayShoes
2 Bronze

Sorry here it is again mega.nz/

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

OK, I am still having problems with the Debugger in the new build.  I will try an older version later, but right now it seems to point at msiscsi.sys.  You might check the file for its properties to see how old it is and what is using it.

It is probably related to some type of storage device, which might include virtual devices.

I will post back if I get any better info.

0 Kudos