Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

December 19th, 2017 20:00

XPS15 9550 not turn on

Hi All,

My Dell XPS15 9550 went black screen while using MS Office (Outlook) and after that cannot turn on; once press the power button, show power light for several seconds and gone.  Nothing on screen, no beep, no fan running, just power light only.  Tried all posts suggested procedures and failed. Detach battery, drain all power left, Ctrl+Esc then pluin power, also the same.

PLEASE PLEASE Help me!  I can do NOTHING without this computer.

9.4K Posts

December 20th, 2017 03:00

Hi NavMvo,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer is not working as expected.

Have you tried connecting an external monitor?  What were the results?

Please perform a systems diagnostics test by pressing F12 at startup, or by running Dell Support Assist.  Make a note of any error messages, then post back so the experts here can assist.  

4 Posts

December 20th, 2017 05:00

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much.  Tried everything including external display and nothing success.  Seemed for me this laptop cannot turn on although power light on for couples of seconds, no real changed in screen (blank screen no hint of power to screen too).

Is this mean motherboard is not working?

Best regards.

Naymyo

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 20th, 2017 06:00

Unplug the system, remove the base cover and disconnect the battery.  Hold the power button for 30 sec.

Leave the battery disconnected and see if the system will power up.  If it will, reconnect the battery and try again - if it will power up on AC only, but won't with the battery, replace the battery with a new one.

If it won't power up on AC only, the mainboard is bad.

4 Posts

December 20th, 2017 17:00

Dear ejn63,

I did it already and same.

Is this confirm my mainboard is bad?

Best regards.

Naymyo

December 21st, 2017 08:00

Would you please see if you have the same problem like mine?

en.community.dell.com/.../20026791

4 Posts

December 21st, 2017 17:00

Not really dell_zhang, mine one  only cause the button to light up for only seconds and NO fans to start spinning.

No Events found!