Highlighted
cb55555
1 Copper

XPS15 9550 touchpad starting to lift up, buttons not working

I've had my XPS15 for over a year now, and I recently noticed that my touchpad is starting to life off the palm rest area of the machine, and the buttons no longer work. I'm not exactly sure when this happened because I'm a staunch mouse user and hardly ever use the touchpad. Is this an item that can be repaired under warranty? Also, is this a commonly reported problem with this model? 

5 Replies
octavioccl
1 Copper

RE: XPS15 9550 touchpad starting to lift up, buttons not working

Yes, It's a known issue:en.community.dell.com/.../20018137. If you are under warranty then call dell to see if they can help you, but as far I know battery warranty last one year

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

cb55555,

Thanks for posting.

Please contact Dell Tech Support in your country to discuss your options.  Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
StuTheDog
1 Copper

And if you are out of warranty?? Does anyone know where/how to obtain a replacement battery?

0 Kudos
StuTheDog
1 Copper

LOL My XPS15 1year anniversary was in February and Dell robo called me a bunch of times trying to sell an extended warranty. Why bother? the machine was working great. Then in March the touchpad starts to lift off and here we are. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back to Lenovo if can't get this resolved.

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

Contact tech support first -- they're replacing at least some of these even out of warranty.

In the meantime, remove the battery to reduce the safety hazard -- and prevent permanent damage to the system.

0 Kudos