Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

April 29th, 2008 05:00

XPS1530 EU Accessories

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the exact accessories delivered with a european (dutch) XPS 1530.

The images on the dutch Dell website tell me there is a cleaning cloth, a cd-rom/manual case and a laptop sleeve. Also according to the picture and text that goes with it there needs to be a in-ear headset.

A friend of mine in Belgium got his XPS 1530 delivered with all these items in February of this year. Mine is delivered last friday but without these items.

When I phoned Dell the customer care representative told me this was a special offer, she noticed that I couldn't believe that so she asked me "is this a private or a business laptop". I told her a little bit of both as I am using it for my company too. She told me that would be the problem, business laptops aren't getting any of these accessories. After I told her I cant imagine that this is really happening she told me: have you select these items when you configured the laptop? That was the most stupid answer i've ever heard, period!

I received the laptop sleeve but none of the other accesories, who is right here? I will stick to the fact that the picture on the dell website still shows all of these items and even name them in the XPS 1530 presentation. Dell now just tells me, we do not ship these items at all.

549 Posts

April 29th, 2008 11:00

Does the dutch have an option between *Home* or *Business* when ordering?

If you purchased it through *Home*, it shouldn't matter what the ultimate use will be.

April 29th, 2008 15:00

No, there is no real diffrence between business and personal for the XPS series.

2 things I hate:

- why did my friend received the items and I dont?

- why is the cc representative telling me 3 different stories why I havent got the items?

If she just told me "sorry we dont  have that anymore" i would've believed  her.

549 Posts

April 29th, 2008 18:00

I went to the USA Home/Home Office site and Photoshop/Premiere Elelments are no longer automatically included (costs $119). And of course those 2 programs aren't offered through Small Business. Going through EPP, those programs are still automatically included with the M1530 (no additional charge).

That's why I wondered which site you purchased the M1530. Depending on which one, different options may be offered/items included.

April 29th, 2008 19:00

Well in Holland there is no real difference. If you buy one from the Small Busines division the price will be excluding VAT. Same options, same stuff.....

It is not correct that a picture clearly shows items you wont get when you order it, while someone else got it like 1,5 months ago.

A friend of mine also received her XPS 1530 this week and these items were also not in the box. So probably they are not shipping these items anymore, but then please change the pictures.

No Events found!