Souksg
2 Bronze

Xps l502 525m graphics

Jump to solution

Hi

Today my laptop won't stay on.when i power it on my keyboard and power button.

Lights up for like 4 second then goes off..when I remove my ram and power on my lapeople is stays on with fan on high speed.until I power down but if I put my ram back in it won't stay on to give display..please help..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ejn63
10 Diamond

RE: Xps l502 525m graphics

Jump to solution

Try one memory module at a time -- you may have a bad module or a bad socket.  If one module fails in both sockets, replace it -- if both modules fail to work in one socket -- or both modules fail in either socket - the mainboard is bad.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ejn63
10 Diamond

Jump to solution

Disconnect everything external (USB).  Unplug the system and remove the battery.

Hold the power button for 30 sec.

Remove and reinstall the memory modules.

Try powering up on AC only - if it will, but won't with the battery installed, the battery is bad.

If it still won't power up, the mainboard is bad.

0 Kudos
Souksg
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying ejn63

Ived tried what u told me but nothing still the same when my ram is not inserted it stay wake with beeping sound and fan high speed until I press power button to off laptop.what do u suggest..

0 Kudos
ejn63
10 Diamond

Jump to solution

Try one memory module at a time -- you may have a bad module or a bad socket.  If one module fails in both sockets, replace it -- if both modules fail to work in one socket -- or both modules fail in either socket - the mainboard is bad.

View solution in original post

Souksg
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks you so much ejn63 one socket is bad.thumbs up for you.

Thanks dell community.

0 Kudos