chrisl1976
1 Nickel

RE: alienware wifi keeps dropping since windows 10 upgrade

HI rishi

Just to give you an update,iv updated tot he anniversary edition to see if that improves things,which it hasn't.

Basically i think the network is still connected but i keep getting the no internet icon. Even though my internet is rock solid i can use my other laptop fine.

thanks

0 Kudos
TechYeah
1 Copper

Hi chril1976,

The problem seems to be that your previous drivers were transferred to Windows 10 and they're probably not compatible with Windows 10 - I can suggest two things to you.

1. Rolling back to Windows 7 and staying on that version of Windows.

2. Use another computer you may have or use a computer at your local library and install necessary drivers onto a USB then plug the USB into the computer having issues to install drivers.

If this issue persists, I suggest you contact Microsoft.

(Australian website)https://support.microsoft.com/en-au

Please feel free to respond to this reply if you have any further questions.

Much regards,

Tech Yeah

0 Kudos
chrisl1976
1 Nickel

Hi Again

Practically given up on this laptop since my last post, i only use it  on ethernet for updates.

however its too good to sit in my cupboard so if i was too buy a windows 10 compatible wireless card would that solve my problems and if so can you reccomend which one too get?

many thanks

0 Kudos
rotational
1 Nickel

I had the same exact problem with a 2230 card in another brand laptop.  I replaced it with an Intel Wireless-AC 7260 and was extremely pleased.  You should be able to find it for less than $30 (I got mine from Amazon).

www.amazon.com/.../

Consult the service manual for your laptop for instructions on replacing the card, it's generally not difficult.  Check before you buy to make sure you're comfortable doing the work.  Download the latest driver package from Intel before removing the 2230 so that you have it available.  Also be sure to uninstall any existing Intel Wifi driver and software before shutting down to do the card swap.  I believe Win10 will recognize the card automatically, but be sure to install the Intel driver package (you don't need any of the Advanced services stuff).

0 Kudos
chrisl1976
1 Nickel

excellent thanks for the reply ill look into this

0 Kudos
chrisl1976
1 Nickel

not sure that card is windows 10? is there onwe which will definately work with my laptop

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rotational
1 Nickel

The Intel 7260 card I linked is absolutely compatible with Win10, don't worry!

0 Kudos