Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 27th, 2016 18:00

another question: adjust brightness

hi again, i need to adjust the brightness on my E6400 laptop, windows 7 professional laptop. my laptop has a few buttons with a little "sun" looking button w/ arrows pointing in different directions. one of them has a sun logo and says "auto" . none of these buttons adjust anything . i did try to use the "FN" button and doesnt work. i also went to the power management to change settings but i guess my laptop is so old that it doesnt have that option? im trying to save energy and also i hate the brightness. help plz

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 28th, 2016 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Adjusting the brightness on a Dell Latitude E6400 can be done with just a few strokes of the keyboard. Most laptops make this a quick task. Pressing and holding the function key (abbreviated as “Fn”) and pressing the up, or down arrow keys increases and decreases the brightness. You can also press Fn and F1 and F2 or F7 and F8 to increase and decrease the brightness. Immediate results should be seen on the screen making your screen darker or brighter.

You can also change the brightness settings for some displays by using an on-screen menu, and then setting the brightness and contrast in the resulting menu. Many times, you can view the on-screen menu by pressing a button on the front of the monitor.

You can make the display on my Dell Latitude E6400 brighter to reduce battery life.

Press the Start button, click Control Panel, press System and Security, and then select Power Options.

Drag the slider next to Screen brightness at the bottom of the screen. The brightness changes automatically.

Kindly let us know if this works and also private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

October 28th, 2016 19:00

thanks! the FN thingie worked!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 31st, 2016 10:00

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated.kindly get back to us if there are any other issues.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!