simonscowl
2 Iron

ati radeon mobility 4570 problems

hi all, hope someone can help me here.  dell studio 1555 and i installed win 7 from vista - home premium 64bit. my display/screen res etc wasn't the same as in vista so i downloaded the video driver from dell website but i still dont have correct display/screen res and i get errors in event viewer - 43029 atikmdag - display is not active and also event 52236 atikmdag - CPLIB: general - invalid parameter.

if i install ati mobility radeon hd 4500/5100 series the errors disappear but when i am in device manager and update the software it reverts back to the hd 4570 driver which i should have but the errors return.

also my fan runs loud almost constantly and i think may be this is the problem (runs loud and constant whichever driver)

can someone advise what driver to install and if the dell driver how do i fix errors?

many thanks for any help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
simonscowl
2 Iron

Re: ati radeon mobility 4570 problems

is this the wrong forum? anyone help with this issue please as i'm not sure what driver i need and best way to install?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Marves
1 Copper

Re: ati radeon mobility 4570 problems

I have installed the latest 12.6 software for the Dell version of AMD 4570 graphics board. with the latest drvers.

The trick is click on CUSTOM  install not automatic. Download it from the AMD page.

Thanks,

Marvin_

Tags (1)
0 Kudos