Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2016 15:00

audio louder than normal after updating driver on windows 8.1

Hello

I have updated my sound driver on windows from the Dell website I downloaded the 2014 Realtek Driver that was good for my laptop and I updated it because first my Dell Audio wouldn't open before then I completely uninstalled and rolled back my driver and now I updated it again now dell audio is working but when I play back media from some places (e.g youtube) the sound is louder than its set to and I turn up/down the volume and its fixed for that playback.

please help me or tell me that I'm at least not alone with this...

3 Posts

August 10th, 2016 14:00

OKAY PLEASE DON'T POST ON HERE I GOT RID OF THE PROBLEM ILL CLOSE THIS QUESTION

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 10th, 2016 19:00

please help me or tell me that I'm at least not alone with this...

Hello. I'm sorry that you did not receive an answer. I am the only "regular" on this discussion board and I did not reply because I don't know the answer, or whether you are alone with the issue.

What was the solution?

3 Posts

August 13th, 2016 01:00

Well sorry if this doesn't help you but it did for me I went to Dell Audio (the start button AND  "s" on your keyboard at the same time  in windows 8/8.1 and type in "Dell Audio"  next click on it and click on a "On/Off switch below "Speaker enhancement" .

that's what helped me I'm sorry if I can't help you

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 13th, 2016 05:00

that's what helped me I'm sorry if I can't help you

My laptop does not have that issue, but your solution might help others who do have it. Thanks for posting your solution.

No Events found!