GTO_Tyler
1 Nickel

RE: back to the top Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 07-28-16]

Thanks @ Mattolejack I just made those two setting changes on my XPS 15 (9550) to test from the office with my replacement TB16 that is having the same disconnect problems as the previous TB15.

0 Kudos
mattolejack
1 Nickel

RE: back to the top Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 07-28-16]

@GTO_Tyler Let us know if you see positive results with those changes. I have not had a single video dropout on either my TB15 or the replacement TB16 since doing the fix.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

The TB Firmware gets updated within the BIOS update.

0 Kudos
fiz123
1 Copper

I was one of the first to purchases a TB15.  Our Dell rep mention there was a recall program/exchange for the TB15 to a TB16.  Do you know how to sign up for exchange?

0 Kudos
sunta
1 Nickel

Dell changed 4 TB15 <->TB16, great!

Though all 4 XPS9550 need mainboard replacement to work correct with TB16. Dell is sending some technician next week!

0 Kudos
mattolejack
1 Nickel

You have to spend some time on the phone with tech support, the guys in Hyderabad. Just know how to describe the issues, and have your service tag #s available. The turnaround on the replacements is not that long once tech support approves it.

0 Kudos

Try www.displaylink.com/.../windows the non beta. Restart a few times. Does not work? Uninstall and get the beta. Also try to get monitors that do not need adapters.

0 Kudos
cnetworks
1 Nickel

Hi, just got my second TB16 (replacement) - still noisy. So i took a look Smiley Wink

Dell TB16 Fan: Sunon MG75150V1-C110-S9A

5V, 0,38A

0 Kudos
harr1ds
1 Copper

Hi! Do you plan on replacing this fan? It's quite noisy for me too, so I'm wondering if I could just replace it for a better fan... Any ideas on what will fit?

0 Kudos