Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 29th, 2016 00:00

backup cover display and base assembly replacement for Inspiron 13 7348

Hi

My Inspiron 13 7348 ( servic tag 4w6yj52)was physically damaged.

one of the two hinges between the display unit  and the base assembly had detached from its cover and parts of the plastics were broken (1. Display BackCover,  2. base assembly.)

1. I uninstalled the base assembly cover

2. I uninstalled the Display BackCover.

then I could clearly see the damaged parts

I opened a service request at Dell site. then I was talking to the part list sale department.

I send them the photos of uninstalled parts (1 & 2) 

I asked Dell to have the price for these two parts.

I wanted to purchase these two "Display BackCover & base assembly " (with some attachments on them) 

Surprisingly they  to force me to buy the whole display unit which includes the SCREEN and costs about 200$

The Display BackCovly was easily uninstalled , with the guide of the user-manual doc.

I did not succeded to convince DELL that the back-display-cover,  should be sold separately 

the Laptop works OK, with the ability to move the display.

Please Help 

Etofach

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 7th, 2016 04:00

You've already been told Dell doesn't sell the cover separately.

Others do:

www.waresphere.com/.../dell-inspiron-13-7347-7348-lcd-back-cover-5wn1x.html

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 29th, 2016 05:00

As is common on hybrid systems, the entire top assembly is fused together with adhesive.  It's all but impossible to disassemble the upper assembly without destroying the glass, LCD and/or defacing the back plastic - as Dell informed you, the entire upper half of the system must be replaced as a single unit.

You'll find this design very common these days on all systems of this type.

6 Posts

June 29th, 2016 22:00

Hi

again I myself uninstalled the Display Back Cover, I can send you a picture of the uninstalled cover.

In the user manual, of Inspiron -13 ,l there is  a short description how to uninstall it , and i had been working according to these instructions.

?

Etofach

6 Posts

July 2nd, 2016 02:00

Hi

Members of the forum, Please,  I am asking for your support to convince DELL to allow  me to buy just the 

"Display Back Cover" of my Inspiron 13 7348 Laptop (instead the whole screen unit for ~200$)

6 Posts

July 7th, 2016 00:00

Dell had to be more 

The following is a complain from "CONSUMERAFFAIRS" site

written by dan of Torrance, CA on July 4, 2016

which is very similar to my problem, and according to the price (265$) they did not replace the screen in contrast to my case, where they try to force me to purchase a new screen to the laptop 

the following is a copy from the "CONSUMERAFFAIRS" site
"
Satisfaction Rating (very poor)
I had an out of warranty repair. My laptop fell on the corner and broke a hinge. I paid $264 to have Dell to replace my hinge and the display cover for my laptop. My laptop came back 4 weeks later, should have been 2 1/2 weeks, and my mouse pad didn't work. I called back and had an onsite tech fix my mouse pad. About a month later, after the mouse pad was repaired, the screen started to pop out of the plastic. We didn't think anything of it, until one day the screen popped out and cracked the screen. We called into Dell Tech support, and we were told that we needed to pay for the repair. After arguing with tech support managers, and repeat calls, Dell was not going to repair my cracked screen under warranty. The lesson learned here is on first sight of a problem, call back into support. I didn't call in and now I am stuck. I also feel that tech support in other countries follow a script, and there is no room for an individual to make a decision to "FIX" the customer
" end of quote/copy
I am asking AGAIN from Dell to allow me to purchase the Display Back Cover of the Inspiron 13 7348
ETOFACH

6 Posts

July 9th, 2016 00:00

Thanks 

Your Answer was helpful.

In  the WARESPHERE site I have seen the picture of the Display back cover, and its the plastic itself only',

While I need the cover with all its installations on it especially the two attached hinges, 

So I believe that I need the "display assembly"

What is the price of  the: "display assembly" at Dell Sore

Thanks Etofach

6 Posts

July 11th, 2016 12:00

Is the case (assembly frame and various covers ) of the "Inspipron 13 7353" are the same as of the "Inspiron 13 7348"

No Events found!