Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2013 07:00

baterry of inspiron 1520

i have laptop which is inspiron 1520 . but one day suddenly the baterry is not working . the questions how i can know if the baterry life is finished or the problem is concerned of drivers need to install

943 Posts

June 15th, 2013 07:00

Hi lilya al jarad 

I would suggest you to remove the battery & disconnect the AC Adapter from the system and hold the power button down for 20 seconds, to discharge “Static Flea Power”, after that connect AC Adaptor and battery and restart your machine. I would like to know are you getting any error message when you connect your AC Adaptor with the system.

Also, please check the status of your AC Adaptor and battery in system BIOS. Please follow below mentioned steps to do that.

• Reboot the computer.
  • When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen
  • Check the AC Adaptor type.
  • Also, Charge the battery while the computer is powered off. Allow the computer to charge the battery for 30 minutes.
  • Check for the battery LED Code on the battery.
  • You can also refer to the video in the link: http://dell.to/PEH2No

You can also refer to the link below for further help:

http://dell.to/14r8WPW

Please revert with the results. 

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

June 15th, 2013 08:00

hi

thanks for your replies

i followed your steps but when i open the bios options . i have a message said the system can not communicate with  this battery

note : when i open the device manager on my PC on the battery drivers . i found only tow drivers

hi

thanks for your replies

i followed your steps but when i open the bios options . i have a message said the system can not communicate with  this battery

note : when i open the device manager on my PC on the battery drivers . i found only tow drivers

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Check the contacts on the battery and the mainboard for condition - if they're dirty or bent, try straightening and cleaning them.   However, if the battery is original, it's 5-6 years old or more - and well past its expected service life.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 15th, 2013 09:00

If the BIOS doesn't see the battery, it's not a driver issue -- it's a hardware issue.  Either the battery or the mainboard is the problem.

If the battery came with the system, it has exceeded its lifespan by at least a factor of 2.

June 15th, 2013 09:00

are there any drivers for the battery ? because when i check the device manger i didn't find the Microsoft composite battery.

No Events found!