Highlighted
2 Bronze

battery is loosely connected

my laptop battery is loosely connected , it's getting turn off when i try to lift or move the laptop . i'm sure it is battery connection problem because i examined it by removing the battery and connecting the ac adapter, the problem didnt persist when i removed the battery. There's no problem with battery life or charging port. Only battery connection i guess, How can i solve this problem. Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: battery is loosely connected

System model?  (i.e., Dell N5110, 5521, etc)?

Original battery or new?  If new, OEM or third party?

System age?  Under warranty?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Dell vostro 3546

Original Battery

1 year old

The warranty was upto May26,2016

0 Kudos
Highlighted
10 Diamond

There are two latches on either side of the battery.  Those should hold the battery in place - if they're broken, you'll need to replace the bottom assembly.  While these are generally not that expensive (figure on $20-50 for the base assembly), replacing them will be very labor-intensive as the system needs to be totally stripped down to transfer everything to the new case.

You may be better off simply taping the battery in place using duct tape.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

can you suggest me how to tape it. I tried putting a thin paper along side battery to keep it tight but it isn't working. Now the problem has become more severe it is getting turn off even i give a little movement to the laptop.

And the latches are not broken, i think they are maintained by a spring inside., one of the latch's spring has got loose i  guess, any solution i can get other than replacing the whole bottom assembly,?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
10 Diamond

Put two pieces of duct tape on either side of the battery.

If the spring is gone or the latch broken, the only real fix is to replace the chassis of the system (or tape it as above).

0 Kudos