Amah7902
1 Copper

bcmpciedhd63.sys Blue Screen Dell XPS 13 QHD

Hello,

My XPS 13 QHD 1TB 16GB RAM new laptop has been crashing on Windows 10 with a blue screen with the error "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (bcmpciedhd63.sys)"

This laptop is brand new and i have only used it a few times since I purchased it from dell online.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks

A.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
cls55
1 Copper

RE: bcmpciedhd63.sys Blue Screen Dell XPS 13 QHD

Same bluescreens here on XPS 15 Win10 Pro. Got the laptop today, at least 8 bluescreens pointing to bcmpciedhd63.sys.

Highlighted
DerekGCWhite
1 Copper

I also have the top of the range XPS 15 1TB SSD & 4K screen, getting BSOD

I thought BSOD were a thing of the past haven't had one for nearly 3 years now until I purchased this Dell, anoyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
celliott651
1 Copper

Dell XPS 9550 WIFI Drive BSOD

Ive recently been experiencing BSOD directly related to the Wireless Drivers for the Dell 1830 Wireless A/C adapter. This is day 2 out of the box straight from Dell. I am attaching the BSOD report I am getting from the windows dump:

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module:
bcmpciedhd63.sys (bcmpciedhd63+0xB0BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFE00143E5A000, 0x2, 0xFFFFF8005C920BC0, 0x0)
Error:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bcmpciedhd63.sys
product:
Broadcom WiFi Driver wireless driver

company: Broadcom Corp
description: Broadcom WiFi Driver wireless driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

I have researched and researched this to no avail. This has been happening as quick as 15 minutes into using the system and sometimes up to 2 hours after using. I am currently showing that the driver version for this adapter is 1.519.0.0 . is there a new updated driver that I am not seeing available for download? Is anyone else having issues with this driver causing blue screen on the Dell XPS 9550 Windows 10 64bit system? Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
BLipinski
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 9550 WIFI Drive BSOD

I've seen the same crash 5 times now.  Looking at the Dell support page for the XPS 15 shows that the drivers are up to date:

Dell Wireless 1830 WiFi Driver Dell Wireless 1830 WiFi Driver View details <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Version 1.519.0.0,A01 | Other versions available

Very disappointed, as this makes the machine unusable.  Taking it back today to see if maybe the NIC is faulty.

Edit:  Took the machine to the Microsoft Store and they gave me a new one (after looking at the crash history).  I spent a few hours setting up the new machine and things were looking good.  Started downloading some games over Steam, and I just hit the same BSOD twice... 

Looks like I'm going to have to take it back, and go find a laptop that doesn't crash constantly...
0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Rhenium

You have 21 days from date of invoice to return to Dell.com

0 Kudos

Try testing in safemode with networking, hold shift while clicking restart and choose safemode with networking.

Once in Safemode hop on line and test, with the errors occurring as fast as you mentioned you shouldn't have to wait long.  Is there a difference, do you get the errors less, more or about the same?

If you don't get the errors try msconfig and clean boot troubleshooting. Open msconfig (search for msconfig) and kill the startup group and restart the notebook.  Once back in Windows hop online and test again.  If there is an improvement then there is a likely a program or utility that is causing the error, you can try process of elimination in msconfig to determine what the program is.

If you continue to have problems and safemode nor msconfig doesn't help (you continue to get the errors regardless) download the networking drivers but don't install them, save them on the desktop. Then completely remove the networking drivers and restart.  Once back into Windows reinstall the drivers and see if the errors continue.

Please report back here with the results.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
cls55
1 Copper

I think I fixed my issue by updating the bios...the dell updater did not mention that there was a bios available, but I went directly to the download page and installed the latest.

I haven't crashed since.

0 Kudos

BLipinski,

So the only time that you get the errors is playing games, is this correct? The XPS 13 only has Intel HD graphics which should certainly play some games, but you may have problems with advanced 3D games at high settings and high resolutions. Where they any specific games that caused the errors more than others and have you checked to see if the games are compatible with Intel HD graphics?

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
cls55
1 Copper

Did you all update your bios? I haven't crashed since...even though the bluescreen had to do with wifi.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> ;fileId=3496557630&osCode=WT64A&productCode=xps-15-9550-laptop&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI

XPS 15 9550 01.00.07 BIOS

0 Kudos