Highlighted
Dadouvic
1 Nickel

RE: bcmpciedhd63.sys Blue Screen Dell XPS 13 QHD

As DELL is not helping with bluescreens (I am speaking with the support since march and it is still not working), we have to fix it.

I do not know if it will help, I am trying it now, but there is a new wireless driver :

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03620668M/1/9550_Network_Driver_JKRJ9_WN32_1.566.0.0_A04.EXE

Hope it will work!

PS : I had maybe 5 different bluescreens since I bought the laptop, nice shot DELL, you won Smiley Happy
Bluescreens like KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, etc...
And when I look on the internet, it is easy to see that all the people that are buying XPS laptops have them. If you really wanna buy this laptop as I was, just take another one, even if it is powerful and gorgeous, or you will really spend your entire life fixing broken drivers and SSD problems.

0 Kudos
zoah2005
1 Copper

Hi guys, I was having the same issue. I was able to resolve it, but it is still a little too early to see if it really works. bcmpciedhd63.sys is infact a file for wireless card driver. If you search for updated driver automatically any way either through device manager or through dell system detect it doesn't pick up LATEST or RIGHT driver for you. What you need to do is go to device manager click on network adapters then right click on dell wireless 1830 802.11ac and select properties. Then click on driver tab and then click on driver detail, it should show you 1.555.0.0 version of the driver which is problematic and causes this error. You need to update this driver manually since your system doesn't detect it automatically. You should go to dell support website and click on drivers and downloads. Here is the link for it, if it doesn't work just google dell support and you should get to this page. 

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/2k9rg72/drivers/advanced

Then click on find it myself tab. Then click on Network tab in the "find it myself" section. You should see this driver. 

Dell Wireless 1830 WiFi Driver

View details
File Name: 9550_Network_Driver_JKRJ9_WN32_1.566.0.0_A04.EXE
Description: Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (30.34 MB)
Version: 1.566.0.0 ,A04
Please make sure the version is 1566.0.0, A04. Once you find it. Download it and install manually. Wallah your computer is fixed. Please tell me if it worked for you. I am an IT student and I spend a lot of time on fixing this, if this works for you and you want to donate some money please contact me at zoah2005@gmail.com and I will send you a paypal address to donate. Thank you for your generous donations. 
zoah2005
1 Copper

Just a follow up. Its been 4 months and I haven't had a BSOD. 

0 Kudos