Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SR

June 12th, 2017 08:00

beep sound

hi

my system is not switching on

some beep sounds are coming but after trying 4-5 times my system is switched on..

but every i m getting this problem

is there any solution for this??

i counted the beep sounds some i get 7 sometimes i get 2 and 1

June 12th, 2017 10:00

power button color is white and it is not flashing and no other light is on while it beeps

hi vijay,

yes now my system is powering but if switch off and after some again same problem is repeated

how can i send you a private message?

plz help me with this

Hi Sandeep,

Is the system powering on now?

You always get the beep sounds whenever you start the system?

Kindly update the BIOS

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Hi Sandeep,

Please share the beep pattern is it long beeps or continuous beeps .Tell us what is the power button color is it off or flashing and also is there any other light which is on while you hear the beeps.

Please share the service tag of the system also so that we can understand the model better to help you.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

June 12th, 2017 11:00

Please tell us the pattern and also the power button lights so that we can help you better.

Hi Parnoshree c

beep pattern is 7 times sometimes and 3,2 times sometimes it is changing

power button color is white and it is on and no other lights are on except that

Hi Parnoshree C

brother somtimes i am getting beep sound but sometimes without any problem it is working

and pattern is aslo irregular sometimes i get 7 times beep sound when i try it next time i get 2 times beep sound

power button lights only the 1st light is on remaining three are off

June 12th, 2017 13:00

Please update the system BIOS from support.dell.com and also try and run the dell diagnostic from F12 menu tell us the result.

June 13th, 2017 23:00

i did diagnosis but it didn't show any error or problem

i am getting 7 beep sounds

June 13th, 2017 23:00

i also updated my bios

June 16th, 2017 17:00

We have checked on the beep pattern, it indicated its a processor failure.

As you the system is out of warranty, hence if you need quotation for the part .Let us know we can help and raise a quotation depending on parts availability.

June 16th, 2017 23:00

yes, i need quotation for that part.

can u please forward

June 22nd, 2017 16:00

Please follow us on @DellCaresPRO and tweet us all your details like Name: Address: Phone number:

email address.

Parnoshree

No Events found!