Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2015 23:00

black screen dell studio 1558 laptop

i have dell studio 1558 laptop. i hibernated my laptop once and when  tried to boot again , all i got is black screen . not even dell logo or bios screen. led indicator turns on, i can hear sounds of  cooling fan, hard drive and optical drive but nothing shows up on screen. what is the possible cause of black screen? please help.

780 Posts

April 28th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

You may try updating the Video driver and BIOS from the following link dell.to/1b9kTD7.

The issue can be due to an outdated video driver .

To get the computer powered on, Please remove the AC adapter and the battery, Hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds, try powering the laptop back on, it may power on.

Hope that helps. Please let us know should you require any further assistance.

Thank you

26 Posts

April 28th, 2015 01:00

hi, 

thank you for reply.

i tried above steps. but nothing happened. i still cant see anything on screen.

also when i try to power off laptop using power button, it shuts down instantly as soon as i press power button without having to hold it for few seconds. i also tried d+power button to check display. it shows different colors for about 10 seconds and display again goes black.

780 Posts

April 28th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Appreciate the steps you've tried. D+Power was an inbuilt test for the LCD screen which confirmed the screen is perfectly fine.

The issue could be due to the Motherboard failure.

Please send a private message with the computer's service tag.

To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation. Thank you

1 Message

September 16th, 2015 07:00

I have the exact same problem as described above.  What was the fix for this?  A new motherboard?

780 Posts

September 16th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

if the symptoms are the same and if none of the LCD diagnostics work, then you need a replacement motherboard.

Thanks.

No Events found!