Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2013 22:00

black screen pxe-e61 error for inspiron n5050 windows 7

it says:

intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083)

copyright© 1997-2000 intel corp.

This product is covered by one or more of the fallowing patents:

US5, 307, 459,   US5, 434, 872,   US5, 732, 094,   US6, 570, 884,   US6, 115, 776   AND

US6, 327, 625

Realtek PCIe FE family controller series v1.24 (10/07/10)

PXE-E61; Media test failure, check cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE-ROM.

reboot and select proper boot device or

insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key

iv tryed testing everything in f12 and changing a few settings i found on the web... nothing

seems to be working, help please i need this fixed to finish homework.

-

2 Posts

March 27th, 2013 23:00

Its says none next to hdd... Now what?

1.5K Posts

Hi nombie88,

It appears to a hardware failure on the system, and it may require service.

Please share the system service tag with me in a private message, so that I can check the warranty and system details. 

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the details. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

1.5K Posts

Hi nombie88,

Please run the diagnostics to confirm the hardware functionality. Here are the steps for it:

• Tap the F12 key on startup.
  • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the Diagnostics option. 
  • The Diagnostics starts running the quick test without waiting for user input.
  • To select a specific device to test, you can tap the Esc key.
  • Please make a note of any error message that appears on the screen, also make sure that you note down the validation code too.
  • Once quick test completes, please run a thorough test on the hard drive by selecting the 'Thorough' under Test Mode option.
  • Please make a note of end result of diagnostics.

If the diagnostics pass, lets check if the hard drive is getting detected. Here are the steps to check that:

• Boot to BIOS, by tapping the F12 key on the startup.
  • Please check under the Main tab, if the hard drive is getting detected as shown in image below:

Please share the findings.

1 Message

May 14th, 2013 03:00

I am having this same issue.   I've ran every check and it says it passes.   It shows the HD in the BIOS.    It will boot up with UEFI options, but will not boot normally...I have to hit F12 and do the UEFI to get the boot to work and when it does boot up all my information is still there.   The computer functions fine booting that way

1 Message

June 20th, 2013 19:00

I am having the exact same problem. What do i do?

1.5K Posts

June 21st, 2013 06:00

Hi BrentMca,

Please share the System Model and Operating System installed. Also, perform the diagnostics to confirm hardware functionality following the steps shared in my initial reply. Check if the hard drive is getting detected in BIOS.

Please reply with the information, will take it further from there.

1.5K Posts

July 18th, 2013 12:00

Hi vgupta01,

Please share the if you have performed the steps mentioned in my initial replies or not. Also, share the if the hard drive is getting detected in BIOS or not. Share the if you get any error message while running diagnostics.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist further.

8 Posts

After the memory diagnostics are over, I will check the bios settings and see if it detects the hard drive.

That should take 20-30 minutes from now.

8 Posts

After memory diagnostics is completed, I will reply back if the hard drive is detected in Bios or not.

8 Posts

I did diagnostics and I can see a check next to hard drive. Right now it is completing memory disgnostics. I did not understand how to do thorough scan on hard drive, because when I do thorough scan, it only scans the memory.

1.5K Posts

Hi vgupta01,

Thank you for sharing the information. Keep me posted with the results.

8 Posts

I have had the same problem in my Dell inspiron n5050.

Should I private email to you as well?

I have really important work on that laptop.

8 Posts

Sorry about the duplicate message.

8 Posts

July 18th, 2013 13:00

Can I send a photo?

It is hard to tell if it recognizes the hard drive.

8 Posts

July 18th, 2013 13:00

This is my Bios screen:

Image containing service tag removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!