Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

April 22nd, 2012 16:00

black screen

i have got black screen in my vostro 2510, i wonder why? is it the bulb that needs to replace? or the  inverter? or any other part ?

if you know which part can someone tell me how to do it?

thanks

abraham

4.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2012 22:00

How to Diagnose a Video Issue

Turn the system off.  While holding down the D key, press the power button.  After the system boots up, the monitor should start to display colors.  If it does, the monitor is working.  If there are no colors the monitor will need to be replaced.

If the colors do not display, you will have to determine if the video card is good or bad.  If you have an external monitor, hook it up to the notebook.  Use the Fn + F8 key combination to turn on the external monitor.  If you do not get an image on the external monitor, the video card most likely needs to be replaced.

You can also run Dell's Diagnostic program by holding down the Fn key and power up the system. The diagnostic program should start and test your system.  If you still do not see anything on the screen, then this would be a graphics/video card problem.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Sounds like a hardware issue. Have you tried an external monitor to rule out its just No Video issue? You can connect a VGA capable monitor in to your laptop, then press FN+F8.

Most of the time its the LCD itself is the problem. There is a slim chance that its the inverter.

If this is under warranty Dell can replace parts.

Regards,

No Events found!