ma_jose_brit
1 Copper

blue screen Windows 8 inspiron 14 3420

need help my laptop started to fail and it came with Windows 8 SL (spanish), it constantly shows the blue screen, if freezes, the wireless network card stops working, it is a new dell inspiron 14 3420 http://sdrv.ms/1bT5FNb; i have done de dskck /scan command and it didn´t fix the computer, I have also done a computer refresh, It is still under warranty but I don´t know how to make it effective. We are in Ecuador; please help!!! service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: blue screen Windows 8 inspiron 14 3420

Hi ma_jose_brit,

Please run diagnostics on the system to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

If the diagnostics pass, you may perform the below mentioned steps to reset the system back to factory settings.

• Shut down the computer
  • Power On the system
  • Power Off the system at Dell Logo with “rolling dots” at the bottom of the screen
  • Repeat steps 2-3 times so that it starts automatic repair
  • Let automatic repair finish and then click ‘Troubleshoot’
  • Click the Dell Backup and Recovery icon.

• The system restarts and comes back up, click Next on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen.

• The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click Next once this is done.

• You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click Next.

• You will be prompted to backup your files, if needed do so by selecting the option Yes, backup my personal files (Make sure to have an external backup hard drive handy.) or select No, Erase my files.

• The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted.

Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows.

If the above steps do not produce any positive results, you would require the operating system discs to restore the system to factory condition.

Note: This step leads to complete data loss including pictures, music files, videos, documents and applications. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos
ma_jose_brit
1 Copper

thank you very much for your help, I couldn´t fix the problem by myself and I finally contacted the service center, your help is appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi ma_jose_brit,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved for you. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos